Printing first half of lampshade artwork

I promised an update today and here it is: I completed printing the right hand part of the trees and leaves lampshade design onto linen!

The printing has gone really well, the only thing which is slightly wrong are the colours which I need to get right for my first production run. I bought some “drug dealer” scales in order to mix and record the proportions of ink to make the correct colours.

My sister also came to watch and help today, and she had a go at printing.

Next step is to assemble a test lamp shade! And do a proper production run, and then do the cushion… (also I’m going to set up a website / blog as not everyone can see my updates on Facebook.)

I’ll post a photo of the finished fabric and lampshade as soon as I have put one together.

DSC_0219 DSC_0222 DSC_0227